By Dr. med. Gabriel Stux, Prof. Bruce Pomeranz (auth.)
Following an advent to the philosophical and theoreti- cal history of conventional chinese language medication, the dia- gnostic procedure is gifted: the chinese language procedure of channels and useful organs, the importance of pointsand element different types, equipment of needling and moxibustion. there's a bankruptcy on therapy in accordance with western analysis.
Read Online or Download Acupuncture: Textbook and Atlas PDF
Similar textbook books
Macionis empowers scholars to appreciate the area round them via a sociological lens, to allow them to greater comprehend sociology and their very own lives.
Sociology, 14th variation is written to assist scholars locate and use sociology in lifestyle. With an entire theoretical framework and an international standpoint, Sociology deals scholars an available and correct creation to sociology.
Chemistry: The vital technological know-how is the main relied on publication at the market--its clinical accuracy, readability, cutting edge pedagogy, useful problem-solving and visuals set this publication aside. Brown, LeMay, and Bursten educate scholars the suggestions and talents they wish with out overcomplicating the topic.
It's time for a brand new method of studying Spanish verbs. not like renowned verb publications that require the rote memorization of hundreds and hundreds of verb types, this ebook in actual fact explains the foundations that govern the conjugation of all periods of Spanish verbs—especially the abnormal ones that supply second-language novices the main hassle.
On the grounds that 1975, HOW and its next variants were a widespread reference resource for company writers, workplace team of workers, and scholars. With each re-creation, HOW has saved velocity with alterations in our language and the enterprise setting, striving to supply an invaluable and easy-to-understand reference guide for all execs eager about organizational operations.
- Set Theory and Its Philosophy: A Critical Introduction
- Textbook of Neuro-Oncology
- Understanding Earth (5th Edition)
- Introduction to Behavioral Economics: Noneconomic Factors That Shape Economic Decisions
- International Management: Managing Across Borders and Cultures, Text and Cases Global Edition (8th Edition)
- Audio Production and Critical Listening: Technical Ear Training
Additional info for Acupuncture: Textbook and Atlas
7. Along a nerve which is composed of fibres of varying sizes (diameters). This is more likely on muscular nerves than on cutaneous nerves. 22 Scientific Basis of Acupuncture 8. Bifurcation point of peripheral nerve. 9. Ligaments (muscle tendons, joint capsules, fascial sheets, collateral ligaments), as they are rich in nerve endings. 10. Suture lines of the skull. It is obvious from this list that no particular structure dominates at acupuncture points. Perhaps the major correlate is the presence of nerves, be they in large nerve bundles (items 1-8) or nerve endings (items 9 and 10).
Showa University Press, Tokyo, p 700 173. Shimizu T, Koja Tet al (1981) Effects of methysergi de and naloxone on analgesia produced by peripheral electrical stimulation in mice. Brain Res 208: 463-467 174. Shu R, Pomeranz B et al (1986) Electrical impedance measurements of human skin at acupuncture points and changes produced by needling. (to be published) 175. Sjolund B, Terenius L, Eriksson M (1977) Increased cerebrospinal fluid levels of endorphins after electro acupuncture. Acta Physiol Scand 100: 382-384 176.
Showa University Press, Tokyo, p 638 196. Vacca-Galloway LL et al (1985) Alterations of immunoreactive substance P and enkephalins in rat spinal cord after electroacupuncture. Peptides 6 [Suppl 1]: 177 -188 197. Vincent CA, Richardson PH (1986) The evaluation of therapeutic acupuncture: concepts and methods. Pain 24: 1-13 198. Walker JB, Katz RL (1981) Non-opioid pathways suppress pain in humans. Pain 11: 347-354 199. Wall PD (1972) An eye on the needle. New Sci July 20, pp 129-131 200. Wall PD (1974) Acupuncture revisited.