By Shelley O'Hara
Improve to a electronic way of life! Absolute Beginner's consultant to home windows XP, moment version isn't just approximately utilizing home windows, but additionally approximately how you can dwell in a electronic global the place you could percentage photographs over the net, obtain song from web content, speak with long-distance friends and family at the machine, and extra. step by step directions will allow you to accomplish key initiatives and take precautions to guard your desktop from viruses and spy ware. the various initiatives coated contain: beginning courses realizing dossier administration fundamentals Getting stressed out for conversation operating with pictures taking part in song and video clips bettering your computer's functionality Upgrading home windows up to date to incorporate details on provider Pack 2, Absolute Beginner's consultant to home windows XP, moment variation will enable you to paintings with home windows XP to make your existence more uncomplicated!
Read or Download Absolute Beginner's Guide to Windows XP, 2nd edition PDF
Similar windows desktop books
This finished advisor ebook prepares the reader for Microsoft's fresh MCTS: home windows 7, Configuring examination (70-680). you will discover a hundred% assurance of all of the examination targets. It offers sensible, real-world eventualities; hands-on routines, and not easy review questions. This publication prepares you for the 70-680 examination, referred to as the Microsoft qualified expertise professional certification for home windows 7.
Improve to a electronic way of life! Absolute Beginner's consultant to home windows XP, moment version is not only approximately utilizing home windows, but in addition approximately how one can stay in a electronic global the place you could percentage photos over the net, obtain track from web pages, converse with long-distance friends and family at the machine, and extra.
The second one variation of this bestselling advisor covers the following iteration Phoenix BIOS, utilized in significant workstation appropriate, EISA, and 486-based desktops. someone constructing software program for those machines wishes this crucial details
Simply the stairs you want to get going with home windows 7! Coming in day and date with Microsoft's intriguing unlock of the recent Window 7 working procedure, this pleasant, obtainable ebook exhibits you the gains and features you wish from this fascinating new working procedure. provided in a chain of numbered steps which are concise, visually transparent, and straightforward to keep on with, you will learn how to navigate the home windows 7 machine, create documents, connect with the web, seek the net, use electronic mail, and extra with this enjoyable and sensible advisor.
- Windows Administration at the Command Line for Windows 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000
- Windows 2000 Active Directory, 2nd Edition
- MCSA MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-290): Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment, Second Edition
- Windows Vista: The L Line, The Express Line to Learning (The L Line: The Express Line To Learning)
- Hardening Windows Systems
- MCSE Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure Exam Cram 2
Extra resources for Absolute Beginner's Guide to Windows XP, 2nd edition
9. Minimizing a window hides it from view but still keeps it available. " Basically, you restore the window to its original size. 10). Use this size when you want to display more than one window on the desktop. For instance, if you are copying data from one program to another, you can view both windows and move between them. When a window is this size, it has borders so that you can resize it manually. 10. A restored window has borders that you can drag to resize the window. [View full size image] Resizing a Window When a window is restored, you can change its size.
Tip As you become more proficient, you might experiment with other ways of starting a program. You'll explore these other methods in Chapter 14. 16 shows a shortcut icon for E-mail (Outlook Express) added to the desktop. Notice the little arrow on the icon; this indicates that the icon is a shortcut to that program. 16. You can place shortcut icons to programs on your desktop and then use these icons to start the programs. [View full size image] To start a program from a shortcut icon, double-click the shortcut icon on the desktop.
17. Get familiar with the basic program window features. [View full size image] Selecting Commands The top line of the program window is called the title bar and includes the name of the document (or a generic name if the document has not been saved) and the program name. Below the title bar, you'll see the menu bar. You use this to select commands. For instance, open the File menu and select the Save command to save a document. To use a menu, follow these steps: 1. Click the menu name. The menu drops down and displays a list of commands.